What is B2B lead nurturing?
Lead nurturing is the process of developing relationships with prospects with the focus of educating qualified sales leads who are not yet ready to buy. The key to successful lead nurturing is to focus on listening to the needs of the prospects and delivering content through marketing and communication that is valuable and will keep your prospect interested.
- Are my sales people wasting good leads?
- How long should I nurture leads?
- What are some effective lead nurturing tactics?
Is it possible that your leads are good, but the prospect is just not ready to buy yet? Of course! This is why lead nurturing is the most important part of B2B selling. If your prospect is not ready to buy, it is best to be patient and follow up with him/her with some effective lead nurturing tactics. B2B selling usually takes longer than B2C selling, so depending on the industry it can be months of lead nurturing before you close the sale.
Here are some effective B2B lead nurturing tactics to make sure that your leads don’t go to waste.
- Email nurturing campaign – sending follow up emails with value such as promotional/special offers, tips or best practice, webinar, eBooks, or blog posts will keep your prospect engaged. Try not to send out an general automated email, you will get better results if you personalize your message. Create different emails based on where the prospect is along the sales funnel. Have an email for every scenario. To avoid appearing spammy, send an email every 1-2 weeks.
- Personal call – when you call a prospect and get them on a phone you can offer a personal touch as well as giving them a chance to ask specific questions. Meanwhile you can also offer a live demonstration of your online service or website. Most deals are done through phone calls, so utilizing your work time for making calls, or leaving messages should make up the majority of your time.
- Connecting through social media (linkedin, twitter, facebook) – almost everyone is on social media these days. Connecting with your prospect or company through Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook can be a great way to differentiate yourself from your competitors. Liking, commenting, or sharing their content every once in a while is a great way to follow up with them indirectly or subliminally.
- Re-targeting campaigns – from a marketing perspective, setting up re-targeting campaigns on platforms such as Google Adwords can be a very effective way to advertise to prospects who have already visited your website. The same can be done on social media platforms like Facebook.
Now that you know some effective B2B lead nurtuting tips and best practices, supplement this knowledge with Salesflower.com’s unlimited B2B sales leads, email lists, & mailing lists. For a FREE TRIAL fill out the form above or visit salesflower.com/free to get set up in minutes.